Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Fanboys

I'm not quite sure where to start on this one, because the disease of fanboyism is very common, especially among teenagers. Take for example a particular video on youtube An Avenged Sevenfold fan states emphatically "syn is 1 of the more talented guitarists around and for those stuck in the past, he shreds better than any off the old bands, they are just better known than him. he has mad skills and you cannot denie that". I would love to spend this whole post pwning this fanboy seven ways sideways and backwards but I think those of you reading this understand my point here.

This fanboyism extends far beyond just music, though I'm sure I could find examples of fanboys of almost any artist for example
Britney
"OH POOR BRITNEY :( I WANNA CRY... "
Nelly
"NELLY IS SOOO FRIEKIN HOTT "
Metallica
"Fuck all those pop star pussys,MATALLICA ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! "
John Coltrane
"PEREFCT! "
Bob Marley
"I LUV THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!

:] "
The Beatles.
"The BEALTES! Is there anything more to be said. "

I guess you can see exactly what I mean by fanboyism (or fangirlism, have to be PC now don't we) either obscene use of capital letters or (or both) terrible spelling combined with either stupid or deifying statements.

We are probably all guilty of this disease to some degree at some point in our lives, but we should do our best to avoid making complete fools out of ourselves, or in my case avoid being a complete hypocrite asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment