Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Fundies

 I thought I'd get back on track with my regular updates and do a Friday Fundies. I dissected an entire article by fundies last week so I thought I didn't need to do one (but I did think about it). Anyway, heres another quote from FSTDT that shows a very obvious disconnect between the original post and the religion-ravaged brain of the fundie.

Quote# 72804

In response to:
"I don't get it. Why do many many on this board diss Earth Day? I helped volunteers plant nearly six thousand oak trees last Saturday at the Forest Preserve by my house. "

"But does planting trees help bring people to Christ? It's like going to third-world countries to feed the hungry. It doesn't do a starving man any good to keep him alive for another day if he's doomed to hell anyway. It doesn't do anyone any good to plant trees for people if they haven't heard about Jesus. The future of this earth is destruction....You don't "Bring people to Christ" with inanimate objects. He is knowable, but unless that tree becomes paper, and eventually a Bible, it will have no value in expressing how to know The Creator who made the tree."

Source

1 comment:

  1. I like how he attempts to throw logic in there as he denies the virtue of feeding hungry people and keeping our earth a habitable biosphere.

    ReplyDelete